The Town of Stonington was required to submit a Stormwater Management Plan for our entire drainage system to the CTDEP in July 2004 as part of the EPA's Phase 2 stormwater requirements. The program requires municipalities with a population between 10,000 and 100,000 to come up with goals that the Town intends on meeting for six minimum control measures. These measures are as follows;
1) Public Education and Outreach
2) Public Involvement and Participation
3) Illicit Discharge and Detection
4) Construction Site Stormwater Runoff Control
5) Post Construction Stormwater Management
6) Pollution Prevention and Good Housekeeping
The Engineering Department is responsible of the oversight and implementation of this plan.
To view a copy of the Town's 2008 Phase 2 Stormwater Annual Plan, click here.
To view a copy of the General Permit, click here.
To view information on resources regarding stormwater pollution click here for CT DEP or click here for EPA information.
For more information about Stonington's Phase 2 Program, feel free to contact the Engineering Department at (860)535-5055.