Hire-A-Teen Job Referral Program
Hire-A-Teen, which matches Stonington students (ages 12-18) with residents, has been providing young people with their first job experience for over 20 years.
Though raking leaves, shoveling snow and babysitting are still commonly seen as needs on the employer application, more recent requests have progressed to setting up an email account and navigating the internet! The program, which offers guidance during the initial orientation, provides continued support to youth through the process - from making the first contact with the employer to setting up location/transportation of the assignment and arranging rate of pay.
If you need a hand with an odd job, or if you're a student interested in making some extra money - register for the program today!
For the safety of our children, background checks are required of all potential resident employers prior to admission to the program.
|Hire-A-Teen Application||616.42 KB|
- CT Parent Advocacy Center
- Free Counseling
- Hire-A-Teen Job Referral Program
- Juvenile Diversion Board (JDB)
- Reporting Child Abuse & Neglect
- Safe Kids of New London County
- State of CT Parenting Education Program
- Stonington Community Garden
- Stonington Prevention Council (SPC)
- Support Groups
- Teens to Tots Preschool
- Youth Programs