TRANSFER STATION WILL BE CLOSED:
PRESIDENTS’ DAY- MONDAY, FEBRUARY 17TH
*Stonington Trash Bag Price Increase:
Effective January 1, 2020 there was a slight increase in the purchase price of both small and large Stonington trash bags. It is the first increase since the implementation of the program in 1992. Small bags have increased from $.075 to $.085 per bag or $4.25 for a sleeve of 5 bags. Large bags have increased from $1.25 to $1.50 per bag or $7.50 for a sleeve of 5 bags. This price increase will help offset the rising collection costs to the Town. The bag fee helps to recover the cost of collection and disposal of solid waste and recycling.
*Transfer Station Tip Fee Increases effective January 1, 2020
- Construction and Debris tip fee is now $125/Ton
- Commercial Brush tip fee is now $80/Ton
Plastic Bags and Recycling
ATTENTION: Due to the continued decline in recycling markets, the processors will no longer accept recyclables in plastic bags. Consequently, our haulers will not pick up recyclables in plastic bags. Although recyclables in plastic bags has never been an accepted part of our collection program, we felt it was important to remind our residents of that fact.
- Do not put recyclables in plastic bags of any kind.
- Plastic food storage bags and film are not recyclable.
- Do not include food contaminated paper with your recyclables.
- Styrofoam (with or without the #6 recycling symbol) is not recyclable.
Contact the Recycling/Solid Waste Management Office
@ 860-535-5099 regarding:
- Garbage Bags
- Licensing Information for Haulers
- Commercial Trash Accounts
|Jen Stackpole||Administrative Assistant||860-535-5099|