New Voter Registration:
Any U.S citizen 18 years or older and a bona fide resident of this town is eligible to vote. If you are 17 years old, but will be 18 years old by the November election day, you may “pre-register” and you will become a voter on Election Day.
Register in person at the Registrars Office or at the Town Clerk’s office at your local Town Hall, during normal business hours, before the October deadline for eligibility in the November election.
Mail-in registration cards may be obtained at various public locations such as libraries, schools, Department of Motor Vehicles, or Town Offices. Completed mail-in registration cards must be post-marked by the October deadline for eligibility in the November election.
New Voter Registration Exceptions to Deadline:
Any person who achieves the following status on or after the October deadline may register to vote in the November election:
· Reach 18 years of age
· Become a naturalized citizen
· Become a resident in the town where the election is taking place
FORMS ON LINE
The Voter Registration Office provides the following frequently used forms for your convenience.
· Voter registration
· Absentee Ballot Application
Absentee Ballots may be obtained from the Town Clerk's Office (860-535-5060).
You are eligible for an absentee ballot if:
1. you are a registered voter, out of town during voting hours on election day, or
2. you are a registered voter who is ill or physically disabled
General elections are held the first Tuesday after the first Monday in November. In odd numbered years, local elections are held. In even numbered years, State and National elections are held.
For the Town of Stonington are:
District 1 Stonington Fire House, 100 Main St., Stonington
District 2 Pawcatuck Fire House, 33 Liberty St., Pawcatuck
District 3 Deans Mill School, 35 Deans Mill Rd., Stonington
District 4 B. F. Hoxie Engine Co., Mystic Fire Dept., 34 Broadway Ave., Mystic
District 5 School Administration Building, 49 No. Stonington Rd, Old Mystic
ALL REFERENDA are held in THREE DISTRICTS
1. 1ST and 3rd districts vote at Stonington Fire House
2. 2nd district votes at the Fire House in Pawcatuck
3. 4th & 5th districts vote at the B. F. Hoxie Engine Co., Mystic Fire Dept.