Temporary Food Events & Application

-A A +A

Any person or group dispensing food or beverage to the public must comply with State and local foodservice regulations.  This includes temporary events such as fairs, festivals and church suppers.  A temporary license is required from the Town.  A temporary food service application  with appropriate fee should be submitted to the health department well in advance of the event.  In the case of a multi-vendor event, the coordinator makes the submissions for the group.  A handwashing station is required at the food booth along with the other necessary tools for conducting a safe foodservice operation.  A compliance inspection is routinely conducted by a sanitarian prior to dispensing food to the public.