In 2010, The Sunshine Review, a 501 (c)3 non-profit, pro-transparency organization developed a ten-point transparency checklist to evaluate if government websites proactively and voluntarily disclose information to the public and the media.
The following is a list of their recommendations that should be on a Municipal Website and what the Town of Stonington has available.
- Elected Officials
- Administrative Officials
- To see the Town's Administrative staff Click Here for the directory, then select the department link.
- Boards & Commissions
- For a full list of all Boards & Commissions Click Here for the directory, then select the link for the appropriate Board or Commission.
- Minutes & Agendas
- To view the lobbying agencies the Town supports Click Here.
- Current and past Budget information is available on the Finance Department page, or Click Here to view.
- The Town of Stonington has an annual financial audit. The information is available on the Finance Department page or Click Here to view.
- Information on tax collection can be found on the Tax Collector's page, or Click Here to view.
- Information on tax assessment, assessment appeals & the assessment process can be found on the Assessors Office page, or Click Here to view.
- Additional information can be found on the Board of Finance page or Click Here to view.
- Information on bids & request for proposals can be found on the Finance Department page or Click Here to view.
- Public Records
- The Town of Stonington Geographical Information System (GIS) mapping provides property owner information, assessment information and mapping of the Town. Links are on the home page or Click Here to view.
- The Town Clerk Land Records Index search portal can be found on the Town Clerk's page, or Click Here to view.
- Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
- Special Acts & Ordinances can be found on the home page or Click Here to view.
- Permits & Zoning
State of Connecticut
- A Welcome Message...
- Application for Authorities, Boards, or Commissions
- Application for the Use of Town Owned Property
- Blight Complaint
- Borough of Stonington
- Complete List of Board & Commission Members
- Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Compliance
- Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Requests
- Government Transparency
- Town Charter
- Town Lobbying Agencies
- Tree Warden