DOG LICENSE RENEWALS ARE DUE DURING THE MONTH OF JUNE**
In the State of Connecticut it is the law to license your dog in the Town Clerk's office of the Town in which you reside as soon as the dog has reached the age of 6 months. To avoid any delays or inconvenience to you, and to avoid penalties and/or fines, please visit the Town Clerk's office before June 30 of the current year. Bring along a current rabies certificate and, if the dog is spayed or neutered, a spay or neuter certificate. After June 30, by law, there will be an additional charge of $1.00 per month for each month that a dog over 6 months of age is not licensed. Please note: Per the Stonington Police Dept. you must be at least 18 years of age to be the registered owner of a dog.
**Also please note: If you have just moved into town or acquired a new dog you are still required to register the dog even if it is not June.
Neutered Male $8.00
Spayed Female $8.00
Please call if you no longer have your dog so we can update our files.
Save Time and Register by mail:
Here is the procedure for registering by mail:
- Fill out and enclose the form. Click Here to view and print the form.
- Make checks payable to: TOWN CLERK, STONINGTON
- Enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope with 2 postage stamps for return of tag & license.
- Enclose the bill.
- Enclose proof of rabies vaccination (NOT THE TAG). Required only if bill indicates the rabies certificate has EXPIRED.
- Enclose Certificate of Spaying/Neutering. Required only if the reminder does NOT indicate S or N.
- Mail to: Town Clerk's Office, 152 Elm St., Stonington, CT 06378.
REMINDER: If you own one or more dogs, please print out and enclose one form for each dog. Also be sure to enclose the proper fee for each.
NOTE: All registrations postmarked after 12:00 midnight, June 30, will result in an additional $1.00 charge.
- Absentee Voting
- Business Trade Name
- Dog Licenses
- Downloadable Forms
- Format for Agendas & Minutes
- Freedom of Information Act
- Hunting & Fishing Licenses
- Justice of the Peace List
- Land Records Index Search
- Marriage Links
- Municipal Campaign Info
- Notary Public Application/Manual
- Town Meeting
- Vital Records
152 Elm StStonington, CT 06378