Town Clerk

Click here to send email

When paying for various services we accept cash, check or credit/debit card. However if you are paying with a credit/debit card there is a minimum $3.00 transaction fee.

Contact the Town Clerk's Office regarding

  • Absentee Ballots & Voter Registration 
  • Change of Name Certificates
  • Copies of:
    • Birth & Death Certificates
    • Boards & Commission's Agendas/Minutes
    • Deeds & Maps (Survey/Subdivision)
    • Marriage Licenses
  • Dog Licenses
  • Electronic Document Recording Services - The Town of Stonington accepts land record documents from Corporation Service Co. (CSC) eRecording Solutions at  eRecording Partners Network (EPN) at  Simplefile at & Indecomm Global Services at  Please contact our vendors to get started.   
  • Freedom of Information Act
  • Hunting & Fishing Licenses
  • Land Records
  • Liquor Permits, Filing of
  • Marriage Licenses
  • Notary Public Applications/Filing/Certifying
  • Trade Name Certificates
  • Veteran Discharge Papers (DD214)
  • Special Acts & Ordinances
  • Agendas & Minutes posting to Town's website & meeting books
  • Justice of the Peace (Marriage List)

Staff Contacts

Name Title Phone
Cynthia Ladwig Town Clerk (860) 535-5060
Sally Duplice Deputy
Leslie Packer Assistant