Town Hall is open to the public Monday thru Friday 8:30 am to 4:00 pm.
Town Clerk business (dog licenses, land record recordings, vital records requests) may be done in person, by mail or placed in the drop box located at the top of the stairs at Town Hall. We prefer either drop box or mail.
Land record indexes and records can be accessed online via the Town of Stonington website or in the hallway at Town Hall. The link is located on the home page under Quick Links (Land Records Search) or on the Town Clerk's webpage under Land Records Index Search. The fee to join the land records portal has been waived at this time. If you need to use the land records vault an appointment is necessary.
Sporting licenses may be purchased in person or online through the Town Clerk's webpage under Hunting & Fishing Licenses.
When applying for a marriage license, complete the online marriage application (under marriage links) which puts your information in a queue. You both need to appear in person at the same time to complete the marriage license process. No appointment is necessary.
As we did during the COVID-19 closures, we will strive to process all mail and drop box business the same day it is received. Town Hall hours are Monday thru Friday 8:30 am to 4:00 pm.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Sally Duplice, Stonington Town Clerk
When paying for various services we accept cash, check or credit/debit card. However if you are paying with a credit/debit card there is a minimum $3.00 transaction fee.
Contact the Town Clerk's Office regarding
- Absentee Ballots & Voter Registration
- Change of Name Certificates
- Copies of:
- Birth & Death Certificates
- Boards & Commission's Agendas/Minutes
- Deeds & Maps (Survey/Subdivision)
- Marriage Licenses
- Dog Licenses
- Electronic Document Recording Services - The Town of Stonington accepts land record documents from Corporation Service Co. (CSC) eRecording Solutions at www.erecording.com. eRecording Partners Network (EPN) at www.erecordingpartners.net. Simplefile at www.simplifile.com & Indecomm Global Services at www.indecomm.net. Please contact our vendors to get started.
- Freedom of Information Act
- Hunting & Fishing Licenses
- Land Records
- Liquor Permits, Filing of
- Marriage Licenses
- Notary Public Applications/Filing/Certifying
- Trade Name Certificates
- Veteran Discharge Papers (DD214)
- Special Acts & Ordinances
- Agendas & Minutes posting to Town's website & meeting books
- Justice of the Peace (Marriage List)