PROTOCOLS FOR THE TOWN CLERK’S OFFICE BEGINNING MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 28 THRU FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 6.
NOTE: TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 3rd ELECTION DAY, THE TOWN CLERK'S OFFICE WILL BE CLOSED TO ALL BUSINESS EXCEPT ELECTION MATTERS.
The Stonington Town Clerk’s Office will be closed for in-person business beginning Monday, September 28th thru Friday, November 6th. There will be an exception for marriage licenses and death certificates, which will not require appointments during normal business hours.
We are asking for your assistance in this effort to reduce traffic flow to our office. This will help us be able to process, issue and receive potentially 14,000 absentee ballots for the Presidential Election.
All other Town Clerk business should be done either by:
mail -or -
placed in the drop box located at the top of the stairs at Town Hall.
As we did during the COVID-19 closures, we will strive to process all mail and drop box business the same day it is received.
Elections – Completed absentee ballot applications and ballots should be mailed or placed in the State of CT Official Ballot Drop Box at the bottom of the steps of Town Hall.
Land records & genealogy- the vault will be closed and land records can be accessed thru the Town Clerk’s land records portal RecordHub. The subscription fee for RecordHub has been waived during this time. Genealogy research requests should be sent thru the mail.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Cynthia Ladwig, Stonington Town Clerk
When paying for various services we accept cash, check or credit/debit card. However if you are paying with a credit/debit card there is a minimum $3.00 transaction fee.
Contact the Town Clerk's Office regarding
- Absentee Ballots & Voter Registration
- Change of Name Certificates
- Copies of:
- Birth & Death Certificates
- Boards & Commission's Agendas/Minutes
- Deeds & Maps (Survey/Subdivision)
- Marriage Licenses
- Dog Licenses
- Electronic Document Recording Services - The Town of Stonington accepts land record documents from Corporation Service Co. (CSC) eRecording Solutions at www.erecording.com. eRecording Partners Network (EPN) at www.erecordingpartners.net. Simplefile at www.simplifile.com & Indecomm Global Services at www.indecomm.net. Please contact our vendors to get started.
- Freedom of Information Act
- Hunting & Fishing Licenses
- Land Records
- Liquor Permits, Filing of
- Marriage Licenses
- Notary Public Applications/Filing/Certifying
- Trade Name Certificates
- Veteran Discharge Papers (DD214)
- Special Acts & Ordinances
- Agendas & Minutes posting to Town's website & meeting books
- Justice of the Peace (Marriage List)