Sick or Injured Wildlife

The town Animal Control Officers will respond to calls regarding sick or injured wildlife. If you believe your pet may have had contact with a wild animal call Animal Control immediately as rabies has been documented in all areas of town.  If you are having a problem with nuisance wildlife such as skunks, raccoons, squirrels, snakes and bats you will be referred to the Nuisance Wildlife Control.  In some cases the Animal Control Officers may be able to assist with nuisance complaints. Any questions pertaining to wildlife can also be directed to the CT Department of Environmental Protection Wildlife Division at 860-424-3011.